7-Zip is a file archiver utility application with a high compression ratio to help you extract compressed files and create your own compressed files in several different formats.
7-Zip Key Features Include:
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression.
- Supported packing / unpacking formats: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR.
- Supported formats for unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR and Z.
- Compression ratio for ZIP and GZIP formats: 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip.
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats.
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format.
- Integration with Windows Shell.
- Powerful File Manager.
- Powerful command line version.
- Plugin for FAR Manager.
- Localizations for 74 languages.
This is the 32-bit version of the application.
The speed for LZMA/LZMA2 compressing was increased by 8% for fastest/fast compression levels and by 3% for normal/maximum compression levels.
7-Zip now shows Properties (Info) window and CRC/SHA results window as "list view" window instead of "message box" window.
Some improvements in zip, hfs and dmg code.
Previous versions of 7-Zip could work incorrectly in "Large memory pages" mode in Windows 10 because of some BUG with "Large Pages" in Windows 10. Now 7-Zip doesn't use "Large Pages" on Windows 10 up to revision 1709. (16299).
Some bugs were fixed.