There are numerous virtual environment provides on the market today, some put ease of use above functionality, other place integration above stability. VMware Workstation Pro is the easiest to use, the fastest and the most reliable app when it comes to evaluating a new OS, or new software apps and patches, in an isolated and safe virtualized environment.
Key Features include:
- Powerful 3D Graphics - DirectX 10* and OpenGL 3.3 support.
- VMware Compatibility - Create one; Run anywhere on VMware software.
- vSphere and vCloud Air Support - Drag and drop VMs between environments.
- Restricted and Encrypted VMs - Protection and performance enhancements.
- Expiring Virtual Machines - Time-limited virtual machines.
- Latest Hardware Support - Broadwell and Haswell CPU support.
- Enterprise Quality Virtual Machines - 16 vCPUs, 8TB virtual disks, and 64GB memory.
- Enhanced IPv6 Support - IPv6-to-IPv4 NAT (6to4 and 4to6).
- Virtual Machine Video Memory - Up to 2GB.
- Enhanced Connectivity - USB 3.0, Bluetooth, HD audio, printers, and Skype support.
- High Resolution Displays - 4K UHD and QHD+ support.
VMware Workstation Pro is a perfect choice for those of you who are a little skeptical about making the leap over to Windows 10. By utilizing an app like this, you'll get to try out all of Windows 10's new features in a safe sandboxed environment, without the need to install the OS natively. VMware Workstation Pro doesn't just support Microsofts OS, you can also install Linux VMs, including Ubuntu, Red Hat, Fedora, and lots of other distributions as well.
Overall, Workstation Pro offers high performance, strong reliability, and cutting edge features that make it stand out from the crowd. The full version is a little pricey, but you do get what you pay for.
Windows 10 2018 Spring Creators Update (Version 1803) as host and guest.
Ubuntu 18.04 support as host and guest.
Bug fixes and security updates.
When you power on a virtual machine, Workstation Pro might take focus from other applications on the host.
Two USB devices might list the same device name in the Workstation Pro drop-down menu.